On Sunday February 12, children in the PD YOUNGER class studied the story "God Accepts Abel but rejects Cain".
Click the green letters for links to resources to help you and your child review the story again this week.
Cain and Abel Story (pictures and voice no captions)
Bible Reading Genesis 4 (voice only)
We also enjoyed singing three songs, listening to these songs will help your child learn these songs better:
My God is so Big (music, captions and actions)
Obedience Song (music and captions, no signs)
One Way Song (music and captions, no signs)
Our new Bible Memory verse:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and don't lean on your own understanding.
The PD OLDER class studied the Gideon story in Judges 6. Here are some links to resources for your older kids, in green.
- The Gideon Story (this is an old style picture book story on youtube.com with pictures and voice, no captions)
- The Bible story of Gideon is found in Judges 6 (this is NIV audio Bible reading, no captioning or pictures)
- The New International Reader's version offers a simpler text for kids to read Judges 6
- Keys for Kids has daily written and audio devotionals for kids, plus other Bible game learning opportunities. Suggestion: If your child wants to play online games, have them do something on this website first before they can play.
- Was this story about how smart and brave Gideon was? (answer: No, it is about how Gideon was weak and God is strong)
- Who was the main character in this story, God or Gideon? (answer: God is the main character)
- What can we learn from the Gideon story? (answers: God has an eternal plan, I can trust God's strength, He works things out in ways I may not understand, God is the one who should always get the glory, God can help me get through impossible situations.)
Memory verse: There's a "prize" for kids who memorize!
Micah 6:8 He has showed you, O man, what is good.And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.