The Bible commands parents to do it in
Deuteronomy 6:4-9 4 “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 5 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. 6 And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. 7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. 8 You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. 9 You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
We are so glad to see you and your child every week at Philly Deaf, and what happens at HOME is the most important thing of ALL!
- Read the Bible with your kids every day. Our family does this at bed time.
- Set a time once or twice a week when you have a “family worship time” with you and your kids at home.
- When problems and difficulties happen at home or at school go to the Bible with your child to find God’s answer for that problem.
- If something is important everyday to YOU, your children will think it’s important, too.
What to do for “Family Worship Time”??? (suggestions)
- Read the Bible (if your kids are young use a children’s Bible.
- Sign the Scripture songs and Hymns they have been learning at Philly Deaf Kids (many of the links for sign language are at phillydeaf.com)
- Ask the Catechism questions and help the kids learn the answers. (the Catechism list is here!)
- Pray: for unsaved Deaf souls, your children’s unsaved friends, the needs of your family, your children’s future spouses, etc.